Bonnie's Story

Day before baby
Day 1-


7 Days ago on July 16, 2012 at 7:06am, our lives changed for the better. We were blessed with the most beautiful and healthy baby girl who weighed 6 lbs 13 oz and measured 20.5 inches long. She came out with a head full of beautiful brown hair and gorgeous grayish blue eyes with specks of brown. 


She inherited my skin, lips,long arms, nose and cleft chin while she got JJ's eyes, double chin (hehe), chicken calves and chubby cheeks. When she came out, the doc said, "wow! What long piano fingers this one has!" We both gasped and cried! JJ kept saying, "oh my gosh! oh my gosh! She's amazing! she's beautiful! Look at all that thick brown hair!" She was everything I imagined her to be. After I delivered, we could hear only a small wimper instead of a loud newborn scream.





6lbs 13 oz 20 1/2 inches long






She was having trouble breathing and her lungs were full of amniotic fluid. I was on drugs so I only got to see her a little bit with blurry vision until they rushed her off to the NICU. I was so worried about her. She was incredibly pale when she first came out and it worried me. I thought, "I've endured 9 months of hell so my baby could come into this world... so she better be okay!" I delivered at 7:06 a.m. and I didn't get to actually see her until 1:30pm! We were very lucky that Heavenly Father allowed her to be healthy. She was such a high risk baby, I was almost expecting something to be wrong with her long-term but she was protected and we feel that strongly. 


She was quite the popular little one and she received quite a few visitors! By the end of the day, mom and dad were exhausted! I got to the point where all I wanted was alone time. I sent JJ home to get some rest and at 9pm I finally got to bond at nursing time. I started to sing to her and she opened her eyes for me and looked up at me. She recognized my voice and knew who I was. It was very special. I stared at her for 4 hours straight until I fell asleep with her in my arms and the nurses forced me to send her to the nursery for the night. 



Day 2-Daddy's day, open eyes and kisses



















Day 3-Hospital newborn photos, cute crochet outfit from aunt Ashley

















Day 4- Homecoming Day, active with Daddy, Blingky from Aunt Amberly























thx for my blingky Aunt Amberly!

Day 5-1st bath at home






Day 6- First Sunday outfit







Day 7-smurking and wide eyed for Mozart's music
















If you couldn't tell, we're proud parents! 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Brittany!!! we are extremely happy for you and JJ. God bless the three of you! she is an absolute treasure. So prefect :-). A beautiful blend of the both of you. Enjoy Every moment with her to the fullest.
    loads of love,
    Antara and Lipee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lipee! Also, thanks for helping Preeti with the beautiful green minky blanket! I LOVE it and so does Bonnie. :)

      Delete
  2. Brittany! She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Such a little sweetheart it sounds like. I so wish I was in UT so I could come visit you and little Bonnie. Miss and love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jami! Thanks sweetheart. When do you come back to UT? Are you out eastward indefinitely? We need another MC crew reunion. :)

      Delete