*Our Baby's Name*

For the longest time, if we ever had a daughter, I wanted to name her:
-London
-Summer
-Chanel
-Alessandra
-Brooklyn
-Sydney
-Rose

Etc.......

The last name in the world I think JJ and I would have come up with would be Bonnie. I think sometimes, parents get certain instincts to name their children certain names and for us, this was one of those times. I have definitely learned to love it too. It has a lot of sentimental meaning for us.

The more I have researched her name, the more I feel good about naming our daughter this name. 

Meaning of Bonnie: Fine, Physically attractive or appealing, Pretty, Pleasing to the eye, Bonita, Beautiful, Young fair maiden. (She'll have a lot to live up to, I guess! No pressure).



Origin: Diminutive of French word "Bonne" which means "good." (which fits cause JJ's family lived in France and has a love for the country).

Popularity of name on SS website and Baby Center: #1233 (we're happy it's somewhat unique for her generation).

Why Bonnie is a special name to JJ and I: 


Bonnie Winterton.One of the most influential people in my life is my former piano teacher,She taught me piano for five years and changed my life for the better by showing me unconditional love while I was in my troubled teen years. She helped me love music and piano. She convinced me to study piano in college and she helped me get into the University of Utah School of Music. I was in the midst of practicing for my senior piano recital and I also played my recital with baby Bonnie in my tummy so we find this name incredibly appropriate (we know our little girls loves piano music too!). Bonnie Winterton is now 82 years old and still going strong keeping active and teaching piano. Here is an article on her: http://www.mormonwomen.com/2011/10/19/the-song-of-the-heart/



Bonnie Jorgensen. This is the name of my mom's mother (My grandma) who also has a profound love for the piano. People say I inherited my love for music from her and my mom. She has a natural ear for picking out songs as well as a love for Chopin and Rachmaninoff. I always loved visiting her as a child because she would be one of few to appreciate me banging away on her black grand piano. 
My Mom as a baby and Grandma Bonnie J.
Bonnie Blue Butler. People who know me would venture to say that one of my favorite movies is "Gone With The Wind." Bonnie Blue is the adorable little girl on the movie (daughter of Rhett Butler and Scarlett O' Hara). Though we're not certain what our girl will look like, we're convinced she'll have brown hair and brown eyes (since JJ and I both have those as our natural features). Who knows though. She might come out blonde!






Bonnie Anderson-Toy Story 3. Have any of you seen Toy Story 3? The precious and silly girl is named, Bonnie Anderson. (She also has brown hair and brown eyes). 


If that's not enough there is always the beautiful model and former
Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, Bonnie Jill Laflin. 




Or there is the country singer, Bonnie Raitt (since we both love country). There is Bonnie and Clyde. Or if you're a Harry Potter fan there is Bonnie Wright. There is Bonnie and Clyde, "My Bonnie lies over the ocean," "My Bonnie lass," "Bonnie blue flag." etc.

 She'll be our little "Bon Bon" or our "CinnaBon." Less than 5 weeks to go! Can't wait for our little Bonnie.  


1 comment: