*Maternal Instincts*

Now that we are preparing to become parents ourselves, we've both become a bit scared and excited at the same time. We are happy to have the opportunity to raise a child, but we are afraid of the parenting aspect! Most people probably are as well! 

That is why I personally believe that woman (of all species) have been given maternal instincts concerning their children and other children around them.
Don't believe me? Watch this amazing video!!


Leopard mother saves and cuddles baboon

I used to think that my own mother was a spy until I realized that perhaps she was very in touch with her maternal instincts. I recall many occasions where she "felt" or "knew" I was in danger or I was going to be in danger. 





-In the first grade, I was out at recess playing tag with other people in the snow. One girl out of nowhere pinned me to the ground and started to stuff snow in my face as to suffocate me. People saw that she had gone ballistic. She was suffocating me and jumping on my stomach all at the same time. Needless to say, I couldn't breathe. I kept remember her saying, "I'm going to kill you, Brittany!, I'm going to kill you!" I remember zoning out and praying my guts out that I wouldn't die. All of a sudden I opened my eyes and I saw my mother running towards me. At home, she felt I was in danger so she drove over to the school quickly and frantically looked for me. The girl was expelled from school and she is now one who is in and out of jail. 



-Another time, I was at a dance. The people in our group weren't doing things that were very acceptable and the boy I was with was participating. As I was about to ditch, I got a call from my mom that said, "Do I need to come pick you up?" I hadn't even told her what was going on.



-In high school, I had a few boyfriends. Well, once I brought one over to the house. Normally, she was really nice and accepting of people but she had instincts that this boy had something different about him and his intentions. He seemed insincere. As he left the house, she came up to my room and said, "Brittany, I don't have good feelings about this boy. He seems sketchy and I get a bad feeling about him. I don't think he's right for you" I yelled at her and said, "You're wrong, you don't even know him!" Well, sure enough, a few months later this boy and I broke up. My mom was right. He was dishonest, disrespectful, insincere, selfish and sketchy...like she had predicted.





-Once while I was living on my own with some girlfriends, I had just broken up with a boy after a long and serious relationship. While all my roommates went out to party, I stayed in my room by myself at home on a Friday night of course sulking like any 18 year old would. The next thing I know, there's a knock at the door. My mom had come to pick me up and take me to dinner. She had driven 30 minutes because she felt something was wrong. 

There you have it. Mother knows best. Let's just hope I inherit as awesome maternal instincts as my own mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment