*Gotta Love Those Famous Mormons*

I've always been a fan of David Archuleta's. From the first time I heard him sing on American Idol in 2007, I've fallen in love with his voice. I ran into him at the temple once about a year ago and wondered if he had decided he was going to serve a mission or if music would be his "mission" in life. Well, last night at Abravanel Hall, he emotionally announced that he is going on a mission. 


 "It's not because someone told me that I'm supposed to do it, and not because I no longer want to do music, but because it's the feeling that I've felt I need to do this with my life."






David Archuleta

Country Star Gary Allen. Still a strong and practicing Mormon

I totally love this. I hope it will help people understand and appreciate the sacrifices that people make for religion. I feel so many people who are against the LDS church believe that it is a "forceful" or "demanding" church that expects you to act a certain way. Yes, it does encourage you to be a certain way. Is that wrong? It does encourage you to hold high standards and you can CHOOSE to live up to those or you can not. After all, it is hard to live up to such high standards, it takes a lot of discipline and self-control. But it's well worth it. 
Mitt Romney-Practicing Mormon
Why else would people choose to sacrifice a successful Hollywood music career, professional sports careers, two years of their lives away from their families or a scholarship to a good school for no reason at all? There is a reason. It's because they have put Jesus Christ first and foremost over anything. They have CHOSEN to serve others on a mission.THey love their religion. If that's not Christian, I don't know what is. If people don't think Mormons are Christians, they are completely ignorant and uneducated in the facts. I don't say that with haughtiness or begrudgingly, I say that with remorse. If you don't know about the LDS church, don't talk bad on it until you discover what it's all about in depth, and not just on the surface. "Never judge a book by it's cover."


I love all these famous Mormons. They have stuck with it. 




Brandon Flowers-The Killers--still a practicing Mormon and Rockstar


No comments:

Post a Comment